Pages

Anxious Adventures: Tate Summer Party Edition

Sunday, June 14




At the start of summer I received an invite from Tate Britain to their annual Summer Party, needless to say, this was an instant RSVP but I didn’t quite know until I reached the Millbank Entrance what I’d let myself in for. The arts, eccentrics and events that fuel my hope and enthusiasm socially keep me going through the stormier seasons.









Keeping good time I start to prepare and to become perplexed leaving the house, I didn’t let it rock the boat I knew and know the regret would be harsher than any social blips could be.


I slowed myself down and just wore what I felt good in which consists of a lot of black and a trusty pair of all black converse and off we drove. Before long I was bathing in the image of a host of eccentrics and beautiful art sipping a cool drink under the watchful eye of Ophelia and eating canopies gazing at Jeremy Dellers ever relevant thought harsh pieces. There was definitely a covetable vibration, perhaps its the creativity, I’d give the rating of “low hanging fruit” for spotting fabulous unusual outfits.









I felt myself questioning my loathing and wondering...
















Is it as simple as finding your tribe?


Is this my tribe?




My kind of people?












Culturally and creatively in tune and a comfortable respect for the environment that happened to host some very influential and passionate people and work. The clean white walls and floors almost invisible against the seductive texture and colours, I could find so many metaphors and meanings within the walls of such an impeccable house of taste.


An occasional break for air/art was instantly reenergising and well needed who doesn’t want to be embraced by new to the year art works and cool, cool air after a sauna of a party.


Toward the end of the night there was swapping of numbers, this whole event was a cleansing experience.






Tate Summer Season Recommendations:


Henry Moore and “Choreography of the Image” from Helen Moth. “Fighting History”

(Especially, as previously mentioned the Jeremy Dellers contribution) John Skeaping “Akua Ba”












Anxiety Levels:(Out Of 10)




☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂


☂☂☂☂








What shows/events would you recommend?